The main objective of the KIU Student Grievance Policy is to settle or redress student grievances promptly, eliminating possible and unnecessary conflict and avoiding causative factors of such situations.
- To provide a framework for resolving complaints and grievances made by students.
- To enable an environment where students may lodge grievances without fear of victimization.
- To maintain records of all statements and decisions of grievance-related matters.
- To ensure that grievances are resolved promptly, objectively and with sensitivity and in complete confidentiality.
- Chairperson appointed by the Vice Chancellor from the senior academic staff
- Secretary appointed by the Vice Chancellor from the academic staff
- Registrar of KIU or a nominated person by the registrar.
- Deans of the faculties
- One member representing each academic department of KIU
- Invited external member appointed by the Vice Chancellor
- One member from the Board of Management (BOM) nominated by the chairperson of the Board of Management (BOM)
How to apply
Step One – Batch Coordinator
- The student must discuss his/her grievance with his/her Batch coordinating lecturer or the hierarchy mentioned in the next steps in case the grievance is against the Batch coordinating lecturer the student must go to step two.
- The batch coordinator who has received a grievance complaint must endeavour to solve the problem within two (2) working days and inform the student.
- If the student is not satisfied with the outcome, he/she may proceed with Step Two.
Step Two – Head of the Department
- If an individual student or a group of students have a grievance with respect to any issue affecting them with the university or any other party, they can notify the relevant Head of Department (HOD).
- The HOD is responsible to attend the grievance, within a maximum period of two working days and keep the relevant student/s informed through the Head of Student Liaisons.
- If the student is not satisfied with the outcome or if the grievance is against the Head of the Department, he/she must proceed to Step Three.
Step Three – Grievance Hearing
- If the matter cannot be resolved by step 1 & 2 the matter is referred to the Grievance Committee together with any other relevant written information.
- The students are also allowed to directly bring their grievances to the SGC through the e-mail address.
Email – email@example.com